Cancer Rehabilitation Program
Helping cancer survivors restore their quality of life
Cancer and its treatment cause you pain, and keep you from doing the things that you enjoy. But no matter how long ago you were diagnosed, cancer rehabiliation will help. The certified experts in Lee Heatlh's cancer rehabilition program will find the approach that works for you so you can minimize you symptoms, feel better, and live your best possible life.
What is cancer rehabilitation? It's a lot like other forms of rehabilitation that patients might recieve after a serious illnes or injury such as a stroke or car accident. And medical services and mondern treatments may include appointments with any of these trained professionals:
- Oncology rehabilitation navigators
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Registed dietitians
- Nurse navigators
- Social workers
- Registered nurse
- Exercise physiologists
- Certified lymphedema specialists
- Message therapists
- Yoga instructors
Personal Treatment Plan
Our experts believe that health care should be personal. So as a cancer rehabilitation patient, you will get complete and individualized treatment that targest exactly what you want and need- all so you can overcome challanges that interfere with your daily life.
We address common symptoms such as:
- Numbness/tingling of hands or feet
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Joint stiffness
- Lymphedema (limb swelling)
- Memory and concentration problems
- Balance and walk concerns
- Speech and swallowing issues
Your individualized rehabilitation plan will focus on specific goals:
- Increasing strength and energy
- Managing pain
- Improving your physical and cognitive functioning
- Enhancing your quality of life
- Incorporating nutrition, exercise, and better sleep
Patients will need a referral from a physician before we can begin therapy. To schedule your therapy,
please call 239-343-9598.
For program information
please call 239-343-9595
Good News: Health insurance providers reimburse most cancer rehabilitation services in our program. Please check your insurance plan for specific rehabilitation benefits.
Are you a candidate for Cancer Rehabilitation?
Answer "YES" if these problems are new since your diagnosis
- Are you having any pain, including headaches, joint pain, or muscle pain?
- Do your hands and/or feet numb or tingle?
- Does any part of your body feel swollen or larger than usual?
- Are you so tired that you cannot do the things you want or need to do?
- Are You feeling weak or having trouble moving any part of your body?
- Are you having trouble concentratine, thinking, or rememebering?
- Are you having trouble moving around or feel like you might trip or fall?
- Are you having trouble swallowing?
- Are you having trouble speaking?
- Are you having trouble with going or getting to the bathroom?
- Are you having trouble with your sexual function?
- Are you having trouble lifting things, even just your arms?
- Are you having trouble taking care of yourself as in dressing or bathing?
- Are you having trouble with your daily chores or shopping?
- Are you having trouble driving?
- Are you having trouble retuning to work or completing your task at work?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you ARE a candidate for the cancer rehabilitation program.
Share this information with you physician to determine if cancer rehabiliation is appropriate for you.